Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 1: What was I thinking?

My name is Chelsea and in June I graduated high school. I'm 17 and I thought I made my mind up about what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go to college. But that all changed a week before orientation for the fall semester at the college I was attending. My mother and I were visiting the financial aid office when I made up the decision two blocks before we arrived. I wasn't going. Let's just say my mom is still not to happy and that was a month ago. So here I am 17, almost 18, and working part time because my job doesn't have room for anymore full time employees. The college I want to go to already started and can only take me in the fall. So for a full year I'm stuck at home working only 20 hours a week, listening to the great stories my friends have to tell me about their new college lives and dealing with the pressure of what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Music choice today: Hey Monday- Homecoming

Currently reading: (well rereading) Spirit Bound- Richelle Mead

Work: Yes

Mood: Tired

No comments:

Post a Comment